One of the greatest curses of being a writer is that I can never accept anything at face value. I can’t read a news article about a war in a foreign land and blindly accept that my Government’s reasons for doing battle are all morally righteous. I can’t palate bullshit television shows about strangers who are married at first sight, or appreciate subpar art created for the soul purpose of marketing and product distribution. And I especially cannot tolerate, nor accept the mindset of fucking cowards who hide behind their religion or creed to spread messages of hate or fulfill selfish agendas.

Oh yes…It’s been a little while since we’ve tackled religion here on The Renegade Press. I’ve had a brief reprieve from having my face plastered across religious websites where they label me as a monster or a heathen for promoting tolerance. It’s about time that I give the close-minded another reason to vilify my work.

A religion is a set of philosophies concerning the nature, cause, and purpose of the universe. These beliefs are governed by a moral code, and include upon other things, ritual and devotional observances. Yet while we typically equate the concept of faith with a God; religion need not include a divine entity in the skies above, or buried in the earth below.

For some, their religion is science, or literature, economics, family, or any number of other credence. One of the most disheartening statements that any man or woman can make is to say that they are not religious by nature; because in doing so they are stating that they believe in nothing. And to believe in nothing is to live an existence so hollow that one can only imagine the depths of their loneliness.

But that’s enough of the fancy introductions. Let’s cut to the chase and get to the crux of what this article is meant to be about. Despite my sincere belief that the concept of faith encompasses far more than gods and deities, for the purpose of this post I am focusing primarily on society’s conventional definition of religion and taking a swipe at men and women who use their god(s) as a means of justifying their own bloodlust.

Contrary to popular belief there is not a religion on the face of this earth that wishes for its disciples to bring harm upon another being. The easy target when trying to debunk this statement in our current geopolitical climate of fear and hostility would be to target the Islamic faith. Every single day the media bombards us with stories of attacks against non-Muslims by militant forces and lone wolves. By simply watching the evening news one could easily become convinced that these entities are waging a Jihad against the western world. We are told that we are being drawn into a holy war based on ideology and extremism. And yet the word jihad has absolutely nothing to do with warfare.

In a purely linguistic sense, jihad means to struggle, or to strive. It is the practice of religion in the face of persecution and oppression; the idea of military effort and the often misquoted concept of spreading the word of Islam by sword is referenced as a means of last resort in the Quran. When we consider the manner in which western media often treats the Muslim faith, this definition of devotion in the face of adversity says more about the fortitude of the observer than it does about extremism and bloodlust.

So how is it that society has come to equate an idea of serving one’s beliefs in the face of ignorance and bigotry as extreme? Well, it’s simply a result of a few bad eggs tarnishing the name of a faith that has led us to see evil where there is none. The Quran explicitly forbids Muslims from instigating hostilities, indulging in acts of aggression, violating the rights of another human being, or harming the innocent.

Any man or woman who thinks that their religion or their God wishes for them to harm another human being, or to inspire terror in their fellow man is a bottom feeder. Any person who believes that the best way to spread their ideology is through aggression and force, be they a Muslim, Christian, Police Officer, Politician or whatever else is not only misguided, but fundamentally and morally damaged. To judge the value of someone’s life based on their color or creed is sickening. And to target the innocent because of an ethical or political grievance you have with their country or government is the deplorable actions of a fucking pussy.

Oh shit. Did Chris just call out a bunch of overzealous religious crusaders and lend an olive branch of tolerance to a religious ideology that he has no ties to?

You better believe that I did. After spending the better part of twenty-seven years trying to understand my own religious compulsions I am coming to the realization that I am a humanist. My religion celebrates men, women, and children, valuing them based on their individual characteristics and not dogma and petty superstition.

I refuse to pigeonhole people based on their spirituality and faith. Instead I judge an individual based on their willingness to be selfless and provide benefit to the lives of their fellow man without expecting something in return. If you are a bigot, a cheat, or a liar, what faith you subscribe to has no relevance in my distaste for you. Likewise if you are an honest, caring, and compassionate human being; your creed won’t influence my admiration of the positivity of your traits.

As a humanist I deplore closed minds and struggle to associate with people who are unwilling to accept another belief structure simply because they don’t take the time to educate themselves and understand it. There is no such thing as a violent religion. But there are violent people who misconstrue their own faith and take what is supposed to be an understanding of the universe and turn it into cause for warfare.

Jihad is not a holy war. Hatred is not a viable future for mankind. And violence is portrayed by the bitter angels of our nature. Whether you choose to agree with me or not, the truth is that only a coward would dare maim another in the name of their religion.

**The Renegade Press is now on Facebook! Click on the link here to see more.**

83 thoughts on “Humanism & Violence

1. shimmy440 says:

Wonderful. I presume you were being ironic about your inability to take things at face value being a fault 🙂 Can we add gender and sexuality to colour and creed please?

2. Chris,

The good Muslims flee the bad Muslims and come to other countries where Christian beliefs are the preeminent influence on society.

You wrote,
    “There is no such thing as a violent religion.”

Not so. Islam is spread by the sword. Always has been. First against it’s own Muslims. It is said that more Muslims have died in the name of Islam than non-muslims. 250 million conservatively estimated have been killed in advancing Islam in the 1450 years it has existed.

I recommend you read “Answering Jihad ” by Ex-Muslim Nabeel Qureshi. He was born out of the tribe of Muhammad and raised in strick Islam, but later became a Christian in Medical school in the USA through a Christian friend.

Please remember, Muslims are not a race but any race can become Muslims. Islam is a religion of political ideology. There is no seperation of church and state in the Quran. It demands theocracy.

Bless you

1. I might just print out some copies of this post and whip one out when some misinformed idiot starts spouting bigoted religious nonsense.
      Also, in the spirit of inclusion, lets not forget the effective annihilation of Indigenous Americans by the christian european colonists in the name of their country and church.
      Amen

1. Actually think it was greed for gold and other resources of great value that was behind it. They may have come with religeon on their tongues but the motivation was very human – greed to conquer and take.

2. plainmama says:

Really? Would you want the face of Christianity to be based off the crusades or other atrocities committed in the name of Christ? How quickly people forget when the words of their own religion were used as justification to wield the sword.

Not to mention that you think the “good” Muslims are the ones to leave. Um, leaving your home and family isn’t exactly easy. For one second put yourself in their world. Leaving means having no home, no money, no family, no companionship, no language, no culture, not to mention just the ability to live your life. Plus, they probably feel, much like the African Americans of the south did after emancipation, “why should I have to leave my home?!?”

Leave the confines of the walls of your own selfish brain for a second.

1. colinandray says:

Interesting response because I didn’t get any of that from his post. I thought that he generalized quite well that all religions have histories of abuse; of not following the teachings; of diverting a “truth” to support their own selfish needs. I rather suspect that we are all going in the same direction here, but perhaps just on different roads. Regards.

2. plainmama says:

I was replying to the commenter, not Chris’s post.

3. colinandray says:

My mistake… and apologies.

4. All humanity has a history of abuse regardless of flag or religion.

5. The crusades were in response to long term Islamic aggressions. Islamists attacked France , Rome, Spain and Charles Martel stopped them at the Battle Tours.

6. Chris,
        I’m not into discourse through insults. I’ve found that the first to resort to insults usually has nothing intelligent left to say.
        Peace

7. plainmama says:

I’m not Chris. And there was no insult. The definition of selfish is to have concern only for one’s own interests. You are only concerned with thinking of your own agenda and not of taking on the views of others based off your own arguments. For instance, you have no concern or empathy for a Muslim woman with no means to leave her country and become a “good Muslim” in your eyes. I’m sorry you don’t like the reality of your own comments, but there were no insults made.

8. plainmama says:

This I agree with. Considering your original comment centered around insulting an entire religion of people, I agree that there is nothing intelligent left to be said.

3. plainmama says:

Also there is nothing I remember in he good book that discusses separation of church and state. That was our rebellious pilgrim response to the governments in England ruling by Christian law.

1. The Quranic commentaries, the Hadeeth, Bukhari (2:24) – “Allah’s Apostle said: “I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah’s Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning.”

“October 732),The Battle of Tours in what is now west-central France.
        Abd-ar-Ramān, the Muslim governor of Córdoba, had invaded Aquitaine (present southwestern France) Charles Martel stationed his forces to defend the city of Tours from the Muslims. The Muslim cavalry attacks broke upon Charles’s massed infantry, and after ʿAbd-ar-Raḥmān was killed in the fighting, the Arabs retreared southward. There were no further Muslim invasions of Frankish territory, and Charles’s victory has often been regarded as decisive for world history, since it preserved western Europe from Muslim conquest and Islāmization.”

Retreived from:
        (http://www.britannica.com/event/Battle-of-Tours)

2. Islam has killed 250 million non-muslims and perhaps more Muslims than that. Verify it yourself. In India, they kill athiest bloggers and know the Quran calls for it.
        In the USA, an average of 27 honor killings a year take place according to the FBI. Perhaps much more but families won’t talk.
        Theses things are searchable on the Internet and verifiable that the Quran calls for it.

3. Being a “religious” person is about having FAITH in life, nothing more, and, in a person’s life, s/he may be constantly searching for the meanings of her/his own life, through getting into contact with the various religions available in the world, and, the person may come across a religious belief that’s closest to her/his core values, and, in turn, become a follower of that specific religion, but the important thing to know about religions, is that all religions are telling us to do good things, and yet, take a look around in the world, and tell me that you don’t see a TON of bad people, who are using the name of God, to do EVIL.

4. Simon says:

I like your points here. I was brought up in a Christian faith, but there has always been something bothering me about religion and to be honest it’s the intolerance. I’m not talking about at the violent level here, but Christ said to ‘love one another’ so where a hatred of gays, sex before marriage, science and generally being closed minded comes from I have no idea. To me it has not part in religious belief. I do have a faith, but I feel I can’t express that through the rigid judement that has become religion. They wonder why chaurches aren’t full these days…

1. That misguided mess comes from a convenient mixing of old and new testament verses. I say “convenient” because most Christian faiths lean on the new testament as an improvement or replacement of the old testament. Yet they reach back to it when it helps their agenda. They also carefully step around the parts that are uncomfortable with regards to their preferred lifestyle.

1. colinandray says:

We also should not overlook the fact that religion is big business from way, way back and, like many businesses, will often promote what best serves the need at the time. Using a pagan festival date (Dec 25) to celebrate Jesus’ birthday (I believe he was born in September) is a good example. “The church” has so much to answer for, but it should not detract us from its origins and biblical teachings.

2. Simon says:

There is a lot of that, with some more than others. I hate the ones who are preaching to ‘sinners’ to stop being who they are out of some misguided ‘love’ there are good Christians but as always the ones that run it often use the Bible as a way to judge and condemn,which is so wrong.

2. You mention Churches are not full these days due to hatred of gays, sex before marriage, etc. How about other religions who do not tolerate this either? I love how some are quick off the mark to point this out about Christianity, but at the end of the day, these people are not being hung, beheaded or the like, in this day and age – which might I add is just barbaric – yet, in other religions they are. Why is this?

1. Simon says:

I use Christianity because I know it and I can only comment from experience. In fact I’m commenting from my own experience and seeing how things worked. You’re right to point out other religions do this and are often more barbaric about it. Really the message I’m giving is about the general lack of tolerance and open mindedness. Regardless of who anyone is. ☺

2. OK, fair enough. I just needed to get that out there, because I am unsure of why Christianity is being put down so badly. Yes, Christians were horrific with some of their actions (which I am not trying to justify), but good Lord, you do not see that sort of behaviour now, when mankind have evolved. In fact, it has not been seen in many, many years. However, what we are seeing today – humanitarians, civilians – being executed for the pleasure of it, or because they will not convert, is totally unacceptable. Mankind have come too far for this sort of behaviour to exist.

3. Simon says:

I agree, it’s the lack of acceptance whoever you are that gets me. But I think the media promotes it with bad reporting and need stupid reviews and documentaries on why this is better than that etc… It’s a good story but makes hatred.

4. It does make hatred and, the media certainly has a lot to answer for. There is no reason we cannot live side by side in peace, without bashing one another’s religion. I am sure you are aware; I am a Christian and one of my most dearest friends is Muslim. Our friendship will be 21 years old this October. I love this woman so much, and do not know what I would do without her. Is this not proof that we can live side by side? I believe it is!

5. Simon says:

We can and we should for sure.

5. I like this post a lot, Chris. With all the ‘love one anothers’, you’d think this would be so easy. Unfortunately, it takes a great deal reject previous indoctrination and to come to this simple truth.
    People say Muslims are violent but activate that Christian who despises gays, cannot attend another church apart from his own and calls out people’s sin while condemning them to hell, you’d not find any difference between those who terrorize in the name of religion.

6. Dwordslayer says:

Renegade I wholeheartedly agree with your article, but this paragraph of yours says it all….”When you see an act of aggression carried out in the name of Islam on the evening news, it has nothing to do with faith or religion. It’s a malicious deed committed by a morally devoid piece of shit who chooses to use a misunderstood culture as a scapegoat for their own wicked urges.”

1. 4everfelix says:

That is my favorite part of his article as well. 🙂

7. As a person with much interest in the middle east and Islam I am interested to read this article. I read a lot of books written by people from the middle east and also the “Kingdom” series about Saudi, written by an expat outsider from the U.S. I still have so much to learn.

8. erhynireh says:

Fair point well made Chris! Once again, thank you for this thought provoking post. I learned another valuable lesson.

9. Our Christian hypocrisy is showing.

10. I refer to myself as “non-religious”, in the sense that I don’t belong to any particular religion. But that doesn’t mean I’m not spiritual. This little point of semantics is the only thing I disagree with in your insightful post. Thanks for sharing it.

1. La Quemada says:

I noticed this as well–a lot of people separate being religious from being spiritual because of their dissatisfaction with organized religion.

I had one other semantic critique–not so crazy about the targeting of innocents because of the actions of their government being called the work of a “fucking pussy.” Seriously. Pussy is a somewhat crude term for a woman’s sexual parts, and I hate to see those sexual parts so poorly valued and compared to something so inhumane. A vagina shouldn’t be an insult. You’re an engaged and passionate writer, and I bet you could come up with a more meaningful word.

Thanks for speaking out for more tolerance and less judgment.

11. Reblogged this on Being Southern Somewhere Else and commented:
    A fantastic and deeply thought provoking piece on tolerance and pseudo religiosity.

12. colinandray says:

Hi Chris – I started reading this Post generally agreeing with the direction you were going, but fully expecting to be able to offer alternative views to some of your statements… but I didn’t and couldn’t. I agree with you 100%. I do believe in a higher power, and have never seen anything in any of the worlds religions that condone death and destruction. Quite to the contrary, they all preach love, compassion and understanding. Keep spreading the universal word because our survival as a species would seem to be dependent on it! Regards.

13. Terri Eloise says:

I love this.

14. Sheila Moss says:

Interesting article, well thought out and expressed. More religious tolerance would be a good thing for all of us.

15. nyteflowr says:

Thank you for writing this!

Blessings and prayers for continued success with your blog,
    Nyteflowr

16. It’s easy to think of these people as a bunch of “morally devoid pieces of shit,” but these people actually believe what they’re doing is right. As a secular humanist, I too am a skeptic of face values. However, religion is vastly different for each individual. Assigning your Western view of religion to these people is incredibly ignorant. Time and time again people have used their holy texts for atrocities. Perhaps you should do more then cherry pick the good and read what these texts actually say in their entirety.

17. Anne J says:

Today, a Canadian hostage was beheaded by Abu Sayyaf in the southern part of the Philippines. I don’t know much about the militant group and I do my best to believe it’s not for their religion although the heinous act is by a group of people who happen to have the same religion. I understand and I like what you’re saying. I re-blogged. Sometimes, like now, and I’m not even Canadian, I’m a Filipino Catholic, heart is a bit heavy.. it’s cold-blooded and definitely unnecessary, and no human being should be a victim…

18. larrymuffin says:

You are right in not believing the reasons governments and Leaders give to justify War, it is always bullshit. But it is necessary to lie for reasons of State because your political leader, heck any political leader believes that the masses are too stupid to understand the truth. Example First Gulf War 1991 did not take place for reason stated, other example invasion of Iraq (WMD) Colin Powell knew there was no reason for war and he was pushed to the margins.

19. Religions are about lifting human beings to the level of perfection and power that God enjoys. In the hands of those who seek power over others it is a terrible and very effective tool. They use God to serve their purpose. Those of true faith seek to serve God. Sadly, there’s a majority who have no focus who are easily duped by the power seekers and controllers. Counterfeit faith is false religion. One of my favorite Bible passages “Pure religion and undefiled is to visit widows and orphans in their affliction and keep one’s self unspotted by the world”. That is the kind of religion that has the power to bring world peace.

20. becko42 says:

Brilliant chris….just brilliant.

21. ljlhannah says:

That was very well written. I tried to convey the same point to a professor I had in a class about the Tora, the Qu’ran and the Bible. I was not able to explain it as well as you did so I left the class frustrated. I am glad someone was able to convey the point in a way that is understandable.

22. reichstrat says:

Peace is always better, and there’s no reason for violence.. thanks for sharing ! ^^

23. emariemon says:

As always the entire post was beautiful and accurate but it was this paragraph out of the whole thing that spoke to me the most.

“I refuse to pigeonhole people based on their spirituality and faith. Instead I judge an individual based on their willingness to be selfless and provide benefit to the lives of their fellow man without expecting something in return. If you are a bigot, a cheat, or a liar, what faith you subscribe to has no relevance in my distaste for you. Likewise if you are an honest, caring, and compassionate human being; your creed won’t influence my admiration of the positivity of your traits.”

I am so glad that you wrote that because for me to, as a humanist and a Buddhist/atheist it is often hard for me to understand why people who preach these ideas of love and such and say it comes from a god are filled with so much hatred. Yet it often surprises me how people think that certain religions are pure hatred when really it is only a few extremes that bring a bad name upon them all. A person actions are what dictate who they are. i have never seen somebody do a good thing and said they must be a Catholic or a Christian nor have I ever seen somebody do a bad thing a say they must be a Muslim, an atheist or a pagan or a Wicca, I have though seen many people do good things and have called them loving people and vice versa with wicked deeds. I believe we ought to deal with all people the same because we are all human…etc …etc… in my beliefs, and this post was on par with some many of my own beliefs.

So thank you as always Chris for writing something not only very beautiful and potent but also utterly true and welcoming to those of us who often feel ostracized by the views we hold.

24. elmediat says:

Just came across the following article. http://original.antiwar.com/Dan_Sanchez/2016/03/28/muslims-do-stand-up-to-extremism/

There is a complex social web that links religious/sacred text & art, spiritual practise, personal and social ethical practise, institutionalized religion & religious activity,and religious justification of social, political and economic interests. Often when religion is being criticized or used to justify certain attitudes and behaviour, one must first determine what the individual means by religion and the intended context.

25. Sumi Nath says:

Hey Chris…Brilliant article 🙂
    Can’t agree more on this “There is no such thing as a violent religion. But there are violent people who misconstrue their own faith and take what is supposed to be an understanding of the universe and turn it into cause for warfare”
    Thanks for sharing.

26. Yasmin says:

As a Muslim, the only issue I take is the profanity in this article. I would otherwise share it with everyone I know.

1. Maha Khan says:

I actually am loss for words. Perhaps we could look at language used in the post

27. This comment relates to the later post. Any religion that tolerates violence by not denoucing it, is infact condoning it. Violence is a common human problem and sometimes the articles of a religion not only condon, but foster violence. Violence against woman and demeaning subjation of women are part of several religions, most of them. Therefore, God, as may relgious tenants assess to, created all of us, has nothing to do with religion whatsoever. The very word Religion, is from the Egyptian worship of their Sun God. By the way, profanity is a very subjective term. The word in question, in fact, means to “Knock on an Oak Tree for luck”, from the Celtic and Druid societies who worship the Oak Tree and all things of this Earth that give all of us life. That word was denounced as inflamatory because the Christian religion denounced Celtic and Druid societies more than 800 years ago. It became profane at that point. Other wise it has no meaning except for Wiccans who practice the old ways. Any word can become profane in the eyes of those who choose to make it so. an excellent post about religion.

28. La Semaine says:

Very well written, Chris!

Cheers, Lubna

29. beckyk48 says:

Well said Chris! And thanks for liking my recent blog post about my departed father-in-law. Becky

30. Max says:

Less can be more clear:)

“I refuse to pigeonhole people based on their spirituality and faith. Instead I judge an individual based on their willingness to be selfless and provide benefit to the lives of their fellow man without expecting something in return.”

could be rewritten as

“I refuse to pigeonhole people based on their spirituality and faith … without (me) expecting something in return.”

even shorter as

“I refuse to judge people … without (me) expecting something in return.”

Both things are hard. Because we judge by habit and expect profit by habit. I know, I do too.

🙂

Have fun and cheers,
    Max

31. Just in the interest of fairness, religious devotees are not the only ones to show lack of tolerance. I’ve had eggs and insults thrown at me for simply praying silently on the sidewalk in front of an abortion clinic. Not in this post, but in other places, there are remarks meant to sting about our lack of ability to think for ourselves. Or adhering to principles of our faith over what others might think of us.

And while I generally believe tolerance is a good thing, where do you draw the line? At some point, one has to say enough is enough. People are incredibly inventive when it comes to justifying their desires. And many of them hurt others.

At the heart of any religion (I hope), and certainly at the heart of mine, is love. Love for my God, love for those around me, and a sense of gratitude for the world we’ve been given.

I think abuse comes down to either the desire for power or a lack of humility. Or both. When a person is sure (s)he knows all they need to know, it cuts them off from a great deal of real growth as a thinking being. And when you’re willing to use people as objects to attain your ends–because after all you know so much better–any real spiritual awareness is halted in its tracks. (Note: this is a general you, not directed to anyone here.)

Please don’t judge people of faith by what makes it onto the internet. We feed people, we take in the homeless, we pray for each other, and we reach out to help. And people sometimes take advantage of us in return. This stuff–quietly trying to make the world a better place–doesn’t make for fascinating blog posts. Part of it is we’re not supposed to talk about it, not beyond what is necessary to accomplish these tasks.

People of faith usually work quietly. There’s certainly a time and a place for speaking out, but religion (or any other form of love, really) is all about what you DO. Small acts of kindness don’t make a big splash, but they do add up and matter. And they’re far more common than you might think. 🙂

32. brilliant article mate. really enjoyed reading this. as far as the “profanity” in the post that everyone seems to be worried about, I have no problem with it. I understand the frustration with this subject. I have a very religious roman catholic family, and most of my friends are extremely religious, both catholic and muslim go figure. its kind of annoying sometimes. I don’t want to be insulting to them but sometimes the things they say makes me want to slap so that they will wake up. I believe in religious tolerance but I have very little tolerance for intolerant beliefs. religion is not evil and doesn’t make people do or have intolerant thoughts, people are intolerant and use their religions to justify their intolerance. to them its a weapon, and they don’t see how they end up degrading their own beliefs by giving in to their own intolerance by claiming its about their faith. sometimes I just have to say, whatever fuck it.

33. #Fact: The Shadows don’t distinguish which Light to emulate or invide. Th dirty cup is not aware whether liquid in it is pure or loathsome.

Thanks for visits! 😀

34. In a word of self-acknowledging pride, I suggest we all put away the idear that we know better than everyone else. When you are intolerant simply because you judge someone as intolerant, it is still intolerance. There is no excuse for hating someone.

Also, please, “society” does not condemn Islam. In fact, stupid millennials today think it very hip to accept all people, no matter their race, gender, religion, sexuality, color of hair, height, health, favorite animal, or how they like their coffee.

Please come to the real world and find understanding.

Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog and liking! I love trolling the innocent thoughts of kind swearing low-class Internet travelers.

And blessings to you from this humble Christian heart.

35. shel29 says:

Great post! We need more humanists in the world. Thanks for stopping by my education blog. The way we treat our children is the way they will see the world and respond in kind. Obviously we are not doing well by our children; the way we educate them sucks. You see the results. We can do better. Intolerance is learned.

36. 4everfelix says:

Chris,

I really enjoyed reading your article. You speak from your heart and mind and are not afriad to say how it truly is. The last line of your article resonates in my mind. Our society today is so brainwashed by the media and believe everything put out there. They really need to take the time to research things and see the truth for themselves.

37. Wow great read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. You remind me of my brother.

38. Kelley Rose says:

Well said. Every fucking word. A tip of my hat to such a talented pen. I will be following you in the future for more of this raw and beautiful humanity, thank you

39. dreamytrails says:

Perfectly coined… Humans need to be just humans ….and words can never be taken at face value… They are a limited substitute for what lies behind them…
    Yet the idiocy and total lack of appreciation of true reality is behind the turmoil of today’s human species…
    Great writing… Fantastic to meet you here🙏

40. I like what you say Chris (and largely agree as well) but importantly for me, I also like the way you say it. Do you, though, have a predilection for solely intellectual subject matter? ………perhaps reading more and I’d be able to answer that question myself.

Personally I’m more of the trivia school Regards

41. Anthonyinuk says:

Most atheists, Christians, Muslims … etc. etc. are not hidebound bigots. We need to be careful not to waste too much anger on the minority that are, even if it seems to be all those you know. Your next post Halcyon points to a far more ‘glass half full’ view of life:
    ‘I have friends and family, and a beautiful partner who will listen. They want to see me happy. More than anything, they want me to be happy. So no. I’m not OK. But I will be.’