I recently had the opportunity to sit down with fellow blogger W. for a short interview about life and writing.
It is always such an honour to be able to share a part of myself with the world, and I am extremely thankful to W. for reaching out to me.

W. Wang's World Commentary

ChrisChris Nicholas

The following is an interview with Chris Nicholas, a writer/blogger from Brisbane, Australia. He has published two novels and currently working on his third. He also runs a successful website, The Renegade Press (https://therenegadepress.com/), and have contributed publications in the United States, Europe, and Australia.

W.: What makes you start writing? And how did you find inspiration for each of your pieces?

Chris Nicholas: People often ask me what it is that inspires me to write, and the truth is that I never know how to answer. There are so many things that inspire me to write; be it music, films, books, conversations, or just sporadic thoughts that surface in my mind. I mean, I once wrote a blog post about a conversation between a little girl and her grandmother that I overheard while lacing up my shoes.

But if I did have to choose one thing that…

View original post 3,179 more words

29 thoughts on “Interview with Chris Nicholas

1. edochie99 says:

Thank you for visiting my website. I am grateful.

1. derra_nic says:

Awesome interview Chris…very insightful. 🤓

2. A. says:

That was a really great interview!

3. I’m sorry to hear about your dad.
    CongratZ on all your writing achievements, though.

4. Actually, one of the first things I thought about when you mentioned the symbolism of wolves is that they can be quite family-oriented. The young might leave the pack to start their own sometimes, but many times the younger generations stay to help their parents and younger siblings. Sounds like you’ve had a lot of moments when you had to balance lone wolf achievements with family bonds.

Thanks for sharing this great interview!

5. Excellent interview and thank you for the inspiration to push through the rough stuff.

6. Tobias says:

Nice Blog. I’m sorry i haven’t been by sooner been kinda busy i took tonight off to visit my neighbors blogs. I’ll be back to read more when time allows. God bless!!

7. Do you ever do blogger awards? Reading your posts really encouraged me when I first started my own blog, so I nominated you for a Sunshine Blogger Award.

8. Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog, and for the ‘like’. Stay home and flatten the curve!

9. cynryan says:

Thanks for visiting Cancer Hits the Streets! I read this interview and loved the idea of writing as legacy. I teach my students that same thing, that words have the power to connect and to reflect what’s most important to us.

10. katiegirl06460 says:

Great interview…Thank you for visiting my blog please visit anytime.

11. Anand Bose says:

Your writerly trip is so interesting. Anand Bose from Kerala

12. Jemnotic says:

Great article, welcome back man. Consider me a new fan, and while I may not have been around for your previous pieces, I look forward to what’s to come.

13. cherriopolis says:

The story about the two men at the checkout made me cry.. Kindness can go a long way.. even if my act of kindness is not reciprocated, it makes me feel good knowing that you showed someone else the good in people.

14. davidb says:

you could look at the state of the world, all created amid vanity, greed, racial tension, lust and hate. we are, all of us humans (owners of the mentioned faulty behaviors. those notions are in the world as much as air. ruled by the ruler of the air, the ruler of everything: the devil) yea, it is not it’s (Satan) activity that created the Amazon Rain Forest fires, the little g god is too much a slacker, a slothful, lazy good for nothing. why would anyone think that before Adam and Eve an angel of light was cast out of Heaven? God did that, killed Satan, demoted, in the ranks of those angelic assistants that some have, all through the day; Angel’s pay the utmost attention to every. i can, could, would illustrate more, but it’s siX minutes past my bed-time.

15. Thanks for your adjacent look at life. Finding a way forward with integrity. Cheers.

16. ❤️ says:

Cool interview, Chris!

17. literarylew says:

Thanks for dropping by mty blog this morning. Reading this interview is very encouraging to me as it will help me to continue the domain of “beyond the pale.”

18. profile photo? Beautie! says:

will you drop by our blog? enjoyed yours
    very much. you are deeply loved, may you
    live in that truth. https://www.pinterest.com/praisefmradio
    http://www.holyspiritwnc.org/index.html this is our duty: www

19. satsmoona says:

I enjoyed reading this and the uplifting statement of ‘I’m excited at the prospect of embracing my creativity once more.’ Thank you for stopping by earlier.

20. What a great read, and it’s true, the assholes of this world never solve any problems, they only makes them worse

21. Miss Nerd says:

Outstanding content. I really love some of your ideas, specifically your discussions about writing. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts, and would love to discuss these with you at some point in the future.

22. Amazing post! Where are you from chris?