A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to catch up with Franki from Hamline University’s Lit Link for a conversation about life and writing.

It has been a little while since I had participated in a formalised interview, and I had forgotten just how much fun it is to really reflect on who I am, what I have achieved, and what it is that I want in my life.

If you have a few minutes to spare, you can read the interview in its entirety below.

Hamline Lit Link

This is a Q&A with Chris Nicholas.ย Chris Nicholas is a twenty-eight-year-old author and blogger from Brisbane, Australia. With over a decade of writing experience, Chris won his first writing competition in 2011, appearing as the winner and panellist of the Heading Northing Young Writers Competition at the Byron Bay Writers Festival. Since the event, he has entered numerous competitions (with varying degrees of success), had works featured on websites throughout America and Europe, run a weblog, published his debut novel, and completed a manuscript for his sophomore release.

How did you first get into writing?

I started writing in my final year of high school. I was seventeen at the time and should have been studying for my final exams, but every time I sat down at my desk to study I would suddenly find myself absentmindedly creating character profiles, plot points and endless pages of horribly punctuated stories.

View original post 2,955 more words

10 thoughts on “World Eater Shares Life, Writing, and Why the World Isn’t Eating Him Anymore [Q&A]

1. lotteopena says:

“But she’s happy, and when you truly love someone, that’s all you can ask for. ” that’s my fave line ๐Ÿ˜Š Congrats on your 2nd book Chris!

2. Louise says:

chris – well done. on your published book. Excellent interview. I can see parallels with how i , too was bored at school and wanted to write and read. Wish i had a teacher like his. I can also see times where i was ‘down’and just wrote and wrote none of it really making sense. But out of some of those ramblings i, too, have knocked out a 98,000 word novel with 4 more rough ups to follow on. So i feel empowered now reading this and going to keep on trying. thanks renegade press and chris.

3. inesbeatrice says:

Thanks for sharing this– great interview. I’ve always really enjoyed your posts about love, both the delicacy with which you treat it and the power with which you write. I’m looking forward to your love story a lot. I’m sure it’ll be wonderful.

4. Raney Simmon says:

What a wonderful interview! Thank you for sharing it with us.

5. Anne J. says:

Great interview! Forget Fifty Shades; I gathered it’s terribly written. It’s all about hype, sadly. I do love Nicholas Sparks, though. His stories are awesome so aim for that or better ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m sure it’s gonna be good as you’re writing from your heart, right? ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Chris, this is a beautiful piece – if I can ever write anywhere near as well as this then I will be ecstatic!!! Awesome!

7. lynnefisher says:

Well done chris, great interview, open and honest and all the stronger for it.

8. Hi Chris, thank you for passing by onto my personal blog.
    Good luck on your “writing” journey too. Keep being you, keep inspiring!

9. aasampers says:

This is really inspirational. Alot of people this days, including myself, get discourage to pursue writing just because they didnt start at a younger age. Seeing that he started at 17 , it goes rto show that age is just a number and what will dictate your success is how much effort you put in.

Thanks you!