landscape

I lie beside her and watch her back rise as her lungs fill with air. She breathes so carelessly in her slumber. She holds her breath deep in her lungs for the faintest of moments before she exhales and her body melts into the softness of the bed. A smile creases her lips as my fingertips graze her shoulders; firmly enough for her to feel my presence, but light enough so as not to rouse the muse twisted between my sheets. Her lips curl so gracefully in the corners, her cheeks dimple in response. This woman, this muse of mine is beautiful; from the crown of her head down to the tip of her delicate toes. And as I lie beside her and watch the rhythmic movement of her breath I can’t help but imagine how glorious it would be to shrink myself so that I can explore every inch of her not as a woman, but as a landscape.

I would start in the small of her back. To my north would lay the bottom most ridges of her spine. Small vertebrae visible beneath the smoothness of her skin, stretching away into the distance until they slip between the rolling expanse of her shoulder blades and vanish beneath her silky hairline. To my east and west her sensual hips arc and curve beneath her sleeping frame. And to my south the gorgeousness of her buttocks rises beneath a fragment of crisp white sheet that is draped across her. Such choices. Such wondrous journeys await me as I discover her beauty inch by glorious inch.

I would move south, slowly venturing to the crest of her round buttocks. I would cherish my climb; pausing to inspect a freckle, or to marvel at the intricacy of a birthmark. Her skin would be so smooth; my calves would ache rewardingly as I journeyed to the summit. I’d stand atop her rear and pull the binoculars from my hip, casting my gaze down the seemingly endless legs that stretch across my sheets. Oh how I would die to walk the length of her luscious legs I would think to myself before realising that in my miniature state I can do just that.

I’d march across the suppleness of her hamstring, descend the hollow at the rear of her knee, and traverse the concave of her calf. My journey would take hours. I’d stop to note pigmentation here, a scar from a youth filled with sport there, until I arrived at her ankle. I’d follow the runway of delicate bone past her padded heel, through her arch until I reach her toes. Her nails would be painted brightly, my footsteps tickling her slightly as I walk right off of the tip of her big toe onto the sheets before journeying across the bed and climbing onto her opposing limb, reversing my long walk back to her buttocks.

My journey would take me across her hips. Her gorgeous rounded hips would be like walking across a beautiful knoll. They’d rise gently from her back and roll across her side before delivering me to the firmness of her stomach. I’d reach her navel and camp by its edge. I’d dangle my weary legs over the edge and I would marvel at the feeling of her stomach muscles beneath her tantalizing flesh.

Rejuvenated, I would journey on to the base of her sternum. I would take my time to walk beneath her stellar breasts, running my palm against their curves before ascending each one to marvel at the loveliness of her areola. My, they are beautiful. Their pinkness so perfect against the whiteness of her untanned flesh; it is so exquisitely her. I can’t help but imagine how my loins would cherish this moment atop of my muse’s chest.

But my travels would not cease, I would venture on to the nape of her neck, and descend into the crevice of her collarbone. I’d track a path across her neck and over the precipice of her jawline until I arrived at her lips where I would plant the smallest, most fragile kiss she had ever received against them. I’d move to her ear and whisper into it just how completely she moves me as the scent of her hair fills my senses. I would move around her hairline and descend her occipital ridge until I arrived at the upper echelon of her spine between the two matching crests of her shoulders.

I’d begin to walk slowly now. More aware that my journey across the luscious landscape of her if drawing to an end. I’d run my fingertips across her shoulder blades and kneel to plant the softest of kisses against her skin. And when I finally arrive at the small of her back once again I would turn ever so slowly to view the beauty of her once more. My eyes would fill with tears. Neither of sadness nor those of joy. But the tears of a man who has witnessed something more extravagant that he ever believed possible. The tears of a man who believes in God, for he has found the true magnitude of his work in the flesh of a Goddess.

But alas, I cannot shrink to such a minute state of being. I cannot worship my muse as a landscape and venture along her supple flesh. I cannot plant those miniscule kisses against her skin, or stand atop her buttocks with a yearning within my soul. But I can lay beside her as she sleeps and watch as her lips twitch and eyes fritter with the makings of a dream. I can hold her tight as she stirs, and tuck the loose strands of hair that fall loose behind her ear as she wakes. I can be hers, and she can be mine.

45 thoughts on “Landscape

1. PSCB says:

And people question your sexuality?!

2. I wish this was my real name for publicity purposes but im scared of my life being exposed says:

this was truly a beautiful read, I only hope she got the opportunity to hear it, because then maybe you could do some more exploring

3. eonserotica says:

The Lilluputians we be proud to call you one of their own. They would very likely worship your Brogdingnagian beauty every bit as much as you do.

4. eonserotica says:

Haha. That should read “would be proud” above. Well written, friend, unlike that terrible excuse for a comment! 😀

5. Heather says:

*sigh* I think my brain will not be working properly for a while. This is exquisite.

6. Jens says:

… which man does not believe in god when having made the journey you described? I am delighted to see someone found the right words to describe a miracle moment in the life of a man. 🙂

7. This is so gloriously and purely intimately described! It gives you a whole new perspective and a whole new definition of “love”

8. Athena says:

My god! what a lucky girl she is…I think I need to stay seated I feel faint after that

9. It’s a Good Great post, Please all i invite You to visit This fantastic blog for Good entertainments and so much more http://www.innocentjosh.wordpress.com

10. Very well written. Gorgeous. BRAVO!

11. buttons86 says:

Wow! Thinking of writing a book anytime soon? 🙂

1. Funnily enough yes! Right now I’m splitting my time between two manuscripts. One is a sequel to my novel Midas. The other is more along the lines of this particular post.

1. buttons86 says:

I would love to be updated on them. I am a sucker for romance! And I can’t wait to read yours!

12. I found myself caught between two impressions: amazed at the sensual description, which is wonderful, and curious how you could walk upright on both sides of her body (question of suspension of physics).

13. Can’t wait to read a story from you!!!!

14. What a beautiful piece!

15. Oh, my. This is very well done. 🙂

16. Lanie ❤ says:

I am stunned speechless. That was exquisitely written! I am now following you!!! Where can I find your first novel, Midas?

17. This was quiet possible, the most beautiful thing I have ever read. There are tears in my eyes.

18. Adaku says:

Wow.. such beautiful intricate details. It’s good to know that there are men who see women the way God intended, and that she, whoever she is, is wonderful enough to inspire such wonderful write up 🙂

19. PuercaLinda says:

Where can I buy your book?

1. Hey Linda. There’s a link in my bio that will take you through to the Amazon landing page. Thank you for stopping by!

20. Beautiful. Breathtaking actually.

21. Leah says:

I can only hope to find a man, whom could so eloquently describe me this way!(someday)😍

22. rali.tsa says:

That’s amazing! I presume, knowing the sensuality of a writer, that this is just provoked by the exquisiteness of a feeling of passion, not just a girl…a certain one. I really like your detail oriented way of expressing your inner world and I would love to read your pieces further. You paint a painting of a whole world in a small piece of time…the time when we spend hours and hours….diving into ourselfs…and yet stay there feeling it was just a single sigh! (bow)

23. kukupassion says:

My, my, Nicholas, you did go on an expedition. You take us along with you with such evocative imagery. Great piece

24. Inaee says:

God this was magnificently crafted ❤

25. deeFoodie says:

I hope that lucky woman knows how you feel.

26. loninicole says:

This is truly breathtaking. Your style of writing is very personal, very animated, as if it comes to life in the mind of the reader.
    Every word I read, my mind went a million times faster. Creating a picture that only my mind was meant to see.
    As a fellow writer and poet, I can honestly say that in certain ways you have inspired me to dive more into my deep sexual side that I try to keep hidden from my writing.
    Keep up the great work!